Hey, everyone! I am back to the blog and I am so excited to share with you my first part of my Honeymoon Travel Guide at Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild! If you read my blog posts leading up to my honeymoon such as these here and here, then you know I was highly anticipating this part of the trip!
Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild is not only one of the most visited spots in the French Riviera, but it was one our first stops and one of my favorites in Saint Jean Cap Ferrat! I felt like after I saw it I could breathe a little and relax for the rest of our trip. I was so anxious to see it so it was nice knocking it out on our first full day! In honor of the museums 7 gardens, I decided to put together 7 useful tips for visiting Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild!
7 TIPS FOR VISITING VILLA EPHRUSSI DE ROTHSCHILD
- Try to visit the museum early in the morning or right when it opens. Since this is one of the most visited spots in the French Riviera, I would try to prioritize your morning around your visit. We noticed it got a little crazy towards early afternoon when we were leaving and so glad we visited that morning.
- If you are a blogger, you can definitely bring multiple outfits! This is something I wish I would have done! I brought my straw bag for Chris and I to carry our tripod in (because #nerds) and to also carry my heels for those cute shots 😉 . My honeymoon was my first time to visit and did not realize how I could have easily brought a change of clothes for the multiple gardens and just could have changed in the bathroom. Oh, well! I will just have to remember to bring more outfits next time 🙂 . This leads me to my 3rd point…
- Wear comfortable shoes! The gardens are BIG and you will want to explore ALL of them and the gorgeous home. You will be so much happier, trust me!
- Try to plan accordingly for the weather. The day we went was perfect, but it did rain that afternoon. There can be a few little summer showers throughout the day so I would try to plan a time/ morning when rain isn’t in the forecast. Why you ask? You will want to see all of their 7 beautiful gardens.
- There are 7 gardens total at Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild and they are BEAUTIFUL. Chris and I took some amazing pictures there we plan on using in our home! It would be perfect for a family vacation or just to have pictures of the beautiful scenery. The gardens consist of the – French Garden (the largest garden and where you will enter first), Spanish Garden, Florentine Garden, Stone Garden, Japanese Garden, Exotic Garden, Rose Garden, and Provencal Garden. All are so beautiful and worth walking around to visit!
- You can do a guided tour or walk around on your own! We chose to do our own so we could walk around the gardens for as long as we wanted. However, we saw people on the guided tours and tours with headsets and wished we would have done that one as well. Everything was in French so it would have been nice to have had an English headset to learn more about the history of the home!
- You have to visit the tea room! It is so adorable and is so much fun after touring the house and gardens. The tea room looks out to the Bay of Villefranche. It is the perfect place to relax after all that walking and grab a bite or some coffee for more exploring!