Saint Paul de Vence is such an incredible place and definitely worth visiting when you are in the South of France! We visited this past summer and fell in love with this adorable village. From art, and shopping, to food to the beautiful scenery it has so much to offer! Check out my recommendations and the spots we loved visiting in Saint Paul de Vence below!
- Le Caruso – Delicious outdoor dining! We ate here our first night and the owners were so friendly and had an amazing meal! Pictured eating outside below.
- Les Ramparts – Such a gorgeous spot with a beautiful view. The food was also amazing and loved all of their seafood dishes.
- Cinq– an adorable spot just a quick uber drive outside of Saint Paul de Vence. A different menu is served every night and had an amazing wine pairing – I can’t wait to go back!
- Le Saint Martin – The most delicious dinner of the trip! It is an uber ride from the main town but so worth it! The hotel and grounds are so beautiful and are definitely worth the visit or a great place to stay. Be sure to dine outside to enjoy the beautiful view – pic below!
To Explore and Shop
- The Maeght Foundation – This is a must-see! Beautiful artwork from Marc Chagall and many other incredible artists. The museum has such unique grounds and is one you don’t want to miss especially if you love modern art!
- Town Square – the main town square has some of the best shopping. There are beautiful art galleries, chocolatiers, lavender, and coffee shops. Definitely, the place to be if you love the artwork!
- Fragonard – a classic perfumery you don’t want to miss. Not only do they have amazing perfumes, but beautiful linens and women’s clothing
- Maison Godet – another unique perfumery and experience! Not only is their boutique beautiful, but the fragrances are also as well! I ended up getting the Divin Mensonge fragrance and love it!
- Fromagerie Metin – Delicious cheese and meat shop we wandered into. They sell wine and are the perfect place to grab things for happy hour or to have casual drinks outside
- Galleries Bartoux – Such a stunning art gallery with contemporary art. It is so much fun to walk through and get the creative juices flowing! There are also several other fun galleries near this one in the main town square.
- Matisse Rosary Chapel – The Matisse Chapel. If you plan on visiting, be sure to check when they are open because they are only open a few days a week. You cannot take pictures inside but it was still worth the visit and fun to explore.
- La Colombe d’or – This is a unique and historic hotel. Even if you do not stay here, drinks on the patio at the bar are a must-see! The hotel has beautiful artwork and definitely the place to stay if you love art. Also, it is right as you pull into the main part of town and perfect since the town square is within walking distance
- Chateau Saint Martin – A little bit off the beaten path, but so worth it! The grounds are beautiful, and also another incredible place to stay if you love artwork. We had our favorite meal here at Le Saint Martin on our last evening
- Studio at The Fountain – In the middle of the town square and perfect walking distance from shops and patisseries. There is a beautiful view of the historic fountain and also beautiful artwork throughout the cottage.
I hope you enjoyed this and my recommendations help you if you plan on visiting! It is such a magical spot and can’t wait to visit again hopefully soon! Be sure to check out my other travel guides on the South of France in Provence and Cap Ferrat!